Thursday, 29 January 2015

A little hello

So I’ve tried the blogging thing before and, to put it kindly, fell flat on my face - something I’m going to put down to it being wholly dependent on posting daily images of all my knitting and sewing work that I wasn’t actually bothering to make, hopefully not just because I’m a lazy writer. As a result this blog has been gathering virtual dust on it's little online shelf for a couple of years now, but this time round it’s part of a university assignment (although that doesn’t mean I’m forcing myself to do it, I’m actually pretty excited!) so hopefully I’ll stay a bit more motivated, since I have to keep at it whether I like it or not. Which I’m sure I will.

Anyway: my name is Grace, and I’m a textile design student in Scotland with a very keen interest in anything fabrick-y or handmade-y or both (one of those people that will probably get all touchy feely with your amazing fluffy cardigans without asking, for which I am very sorry). There will be lots of chit-chat about knitting, Etsy, the feminist art movement, work by some of my peers, cross stitching like a pro granny and possibly the odd selfie if I run out of ideas. So please have a read, grab a cup of tea or the nearest crochet hook and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment